Friday 7 September 2012

Tasty Treat: Rocky Road Recipe

Rocky Road


Recently I wrote about my cake and sweetie table for another site I guest blog for. In that post I forgot to mention that I am hoping to make some of the sweet treats for the buffet. And today I thought I would share one of the recipes I hope to use.

With the wedding in January I thought I would try and add a warming twist on the chocolaty favourite Rocky Roads, I did this by adding the spice of ginger biscuits in place of boring digestives.


Rocky Road is a really simple thing to make and tastes amazing, and if you don't like one element, you could always swap it with something else, or just leave it out.

Cross section of Rocky Road


Ingredients 
(approximates)

12 ginger nut biscuits
1 small bag of mini marshmallows
1 bag share size Malteasers
1/2 bag sultanas
3/4 tub glace cherries
2 blocks milk chocolate cake topping


Everything looks better on a
 pretty stand

Break biscuits into small pieces (about 5mm x 5mm) and slice cherries into 6 or 8 pieces.

Add to a large mixing bowl with marshmallows, Maltesers and sultanas.
Mix together

Get a rectangle or square baking tray out and leave near where you are working.
(I find silicone is the best type of baking tray for this)

Melt chocolate; either for 1min30 or 2 mins in microwave or in a glass bowl over gently simmering water, until all the squares have melted. Instantly pour the chocolate on to the dry ingredients and stir.
Once everything has been thoroughly coated, put mixture into baking tray and press it down to ensure its tightly packed. Leave to cool to room temperature, then place in fridge.

Leave for at least 2 hours and the turn out and slice with a large,                                                    sharp knife (it might help to run knife under a hot tap.

Make a cup of tea and ENJOY!!!

TTFN ~ Kate xx

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete