Friday 26 October 2012

Wedding Bands: What a Palaver

WARNING: Crazy bride lady!!!!!
Phone camera photo of my engagement ring
As sent to my family, as I was on holiday in Scotland
If there is one thing I know that drives BH crazy it's my inability to make a decision quickly, we have spent hours in restaurants with me trying to decided what I want to eat and when it comes to clothes shopping, well! tbh, he's given up.

I thought I was doing ok with the wedding; I seemed to have gone the other way - I knew exactly what I wanted and was prepared to put in the work to get it, that was until it came to the rings...

When we were in Scotland a few months ago we popped into the Edinburgh branch of the Jewellers BH had purchased my engagement ring from; this visit was a change for my man to have a look and try on some rings to figure out if it was something he wanted, at the time I also had a look at rings and quite liked the way a 2mm band looked. 
LimeBlue store Farnham


Then 6 weeks ago we went to the store local to us and had a look again, this time the lady went through a few more options, but I stuck with 2mm, even though I was unable to try it on my ring finger as the sample was too small. 

Last Saturday we went and collected the rings, and for the first time I was looking at MY ring! and it was small, so small it looked like a washer. On Sunday we gave the rings to my parents to keep safe. Sunday night I got myself into a tizz and decided it was definitely too small, rang my Mum Monday and had the ring posted back.

Today I went back to the shop, they were very understanding, let me go through the options again and sorted everything out so I could order a different width. I selected a 3mm band this time and left the shop. 


About 30 minutes later I returned, still not 100% certain, did I actually want a 2.5mm (I know I am totally crazy). Out came the boxes once again, the lovely staff suggested different ways to look and compare the rings to get a really good idea. After some discussion and encouragement and reassurance I was happy with the decision I had made early, I stuck with my new order and for the first time new I was happy with my choice of ring, that I will (hopefulyl) be wearing for decades to come.

I cannot recommend LimeBlue enough, the staff have been so friendly and helpful on every occasion  If they can put up with me, they will give anyone the best service available and their diamonds are stunning!
If you live locally to one of their stores (or are passing near by) definitely take a few moments to pop in and have a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment