Wednesday 22 August 2012

Pages of Style #5: Wonderful Wreaths

Glitter edged leaf wreath
As I'm getting married just after the festive season, I have been wondering about including wreaths into the decor. At first I was looking at fairly classical ways to create them; from flowers, ever greens and simple branches to fabric - there is a Swedish tradition of making wreaths at Christmas by gluing squares of fabric into a foam mold, or you can simply tie lengths of material onto a metal coat hanger fashioned into a loop. And of course there was the stunning brightly coloured wreath made from baubles that I included in my seasonal themes post.
However, when I started to look at options to use my Shakespeare play I cam across a wide variety of possibilities for styles of wreath.


Wonderful paper wreaths: 1) Frilled paper wreath 2) Red & Pink Paper Chain Wreath 3)  Big Beautiful Blooms
5) Wreath made from paper cones 6) Wrapped wreath with flowers 7) Bright flowers 8) Lovely leaves
Beautiful paper rose wreath

What ever venue you are using a wreath is a beautiful way to decorate; they will fill empty space, provide a warm welcome if you have a sign in the center or create a focal point.You or a flower girl could even carry one as an alternative to a bouquet.

Its currently quite fashionable to create a backdrop for the exchange of vows, which could be done my making several wreaths (if book pages don't fit with your theme, why not make them in different colours) and then hang them at different heights along the wall.


Uses for wreaths: Hair circletpompom wreath as chair decorations,
pew endswreath of scrolls on a door to welcome guests, and room decoration
I would also like to add that I currently love Oxfam bookshops, recently visited the one in Winchester and purchased 4 copies of the Shakespeare play, I always know how much a copy will be and they had a fab range of copies and therefore fonts & layouts to choose from.

TTFN ~ Kate xx

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete