Friday 17 August 2012

Bridal Beauty: Under Pressure?

Like most Brides to be I have a full time job and in the last few weeks it's been really busy as I've been planning and organising the Holiday Club (which turned out great). This was followed by a long weekend at my parents where I thought I'd get time to do lots of blogging, however between wedding shopping, wedding crafting and seeing friends this blogging time didn't materialise.
So here I am on my lunch break, wearing a face mask and typing my apologies.



Coming back from weekend of party food, roast dinners and take aways, I am aware that I have a few extra pounds to loose before W-day. I don't think I have ever felt so confused about my size...
Growing up I was a BIG girl and by the time I was 16 I was ok with that, that was me. Since then I have been diagnosed with Crohn's, lost a lot of weight due to the disease and nearly died.

Is it really important for me and other brides to be their thinnest on their day? If I watch the Wedding Channel it is sponsored by weight watchers and each break is framed by an ad showing a beautiful girl shrink to a size 8 for her day - do we need to be told 8 times an hour we are fat and have to be a thin bride?
Yes we all want to look and feel our best, but is conforming to societies standards of beauty the way to do it?



If you are a girl where you have been thin and that's how you feel most beautiful, then returning to that size is great. But I don't see why I should strive to get down to my previous small size when that meant illness and hospital. As long as my dress fits and I'm healthy that will be enough to me.

However, I am obsessed about my skin and hair. After my first turn in hospital my skin is in a never ending cycle of breakouts and I have a weird shelf of hair on my left side as I suffered some hair loss through the stress of the illness. To return these back to their previous good condition involves dedicating time and finding the right products, I have to remember to keep to a daily skin regime and take the time to care for my hair. I need to spend time weekly pampering - oh what a shame!
I also have to eat a healthy balanced diet to make sure my body is getting everything it needs to restore my skin and hair and to keep it healthy.

My beauty must haves: 1) Lee Stafford hair growth products, 2) healthy meals inc fish and lots of veg,
3) selection of my face products, mostly Soap & Glory, 4) I must remember to drink lots of water, 5) body pampering products even more Soap & Glory. I buy all my products from Boots
So for the next 4 months, I will be eating healthily and exercising, not because I want to be thin, but because I want my body to be healthy and strong - ready for the start of the next chapter in my life.

TTFN # Kate xx

No comments:

Post a Comment