Saturday 14 January 2012

Snappy Happy

Oh No!!!!! 5 days before Christmas I discovered that my camera had broken. I could view the previous photos but the lens would not retract, nor could I take any more pictures with it. A very sick camera.!
After some good old Googling I was heart broken to discover that it would cost a small fortune to repair my trusted old friend. This was all the more unsettling as on the 23rd December I was organising an activity morning at work (Church) and photos are always an important part of sharing the children's & youth work with the wider community - what would I do?
My  newcamera's self portrait
AND THEN, oh what news, what joy... I was told my Grandma was giving me some money for Christmas. Off I went back to the Internet, after searching shops and checking reviews I had once again fallen in love, a relative of my old faithful, but this one had more features, more tricks up its sleeve and an overwhelming beauty in red. To add sweetness to the event, I could even have next day delivery.
My excitement on the 22nd was uncontrollable, to be honest I was more excited then than on Christmas morning, as I waited for the delivery man to arrive. After a quick dash to the highstreet store of the company I purchased the camera from for a new teeny-tiny memory card - I had my shiny new camera ready to roll.

Since the new year I ave been having a play with the camera and trying new ways  to light and show off my jewelley bits. This is something that frustrates me a bit; I had been using the balcony when the sun was at the right angle, but in the winter this is harder to do.
Beaumaris castle
     
One of the 'frame' effects
with a candle holder


A painted letter I gave at Christmas
More on  my facebook page Godiva crafts


The heart bunting I made for Christmas:
hopefully to be replicated for wedding
Meanwhile, since Christmas I have been allowed to start talking about the wedding... The first thing I did was start to seriously look at photographers - man I'm going to be so fussy about this one element. This decission is the 3rd most important, after having a church and getting the right dress.
For the last few months I have been bookmarking all the people who advertise on Facebook and a few photographers my Mum & friends have suggested. I have been through these sites, looked at all their info and I have to say a lot of them come across as really naff. I can't explain what I am looking for but I know it when I see it. I want natural photos, that capture the day. I do want various group shots, but I dont want to spend an hour grinning nor snog in the middle of my familiy. I also want someone who will capture the venue and also all the tiny details I will have lovingly created for the day. I want someone who will blend in, and who Ed and I can have a rappor with. I want pictures of detail but not the stock, shoes and hanging dress, I want images to look stunning but without too much editing - I can't stand it when there is a b&w image with one colour or item highlighted in colour*.
Arg.... I've got it!I know what I want.... I want the Jesus/Superman wedding photographer. someone who can take all the possible pictures and can read my mind and come in at a reasonable budget.

As I know  at times I'm going to be a difficult bride, I thought I would keep you in the loop of my zilla moments, and for a bit of fun I thought I would develop an icon for those times.
I have to say I've already started, there are a couple of things were the comprimise I've suggested is 'I'm going to do that, but if you don't like it, you don't have to'...

I've started to look at the pricing for some of the detail I would like and I'm beginning to hope I've inherited my dad's bargining skills. I also hope that I will have some good luck in charity shops in the coming months.


 
To finish: My parents beautiful dog, Trinity
She's big and soppy but I love seeing her when I'm home
Wow, when I get on a roll, boy, can I ramble on.

Until next time,
Kate xxx

*I realise that every bride has a different oppinion on these sorts of things and I understand why photographers do them - they just don't suit my tastes.

1 comment:

  1. LOL reading this it does sound a bit like a Bride Zilla moment but then again....your only supposed to get married once and it has to be right. Have you tried this Photographer? http://wendyhudsonphotography.com/
    Please Note I have no affiliation with her other than that she follows me and I her on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete