Monday 2 January 2012

Here we go again....

Woopie 2012 is here!

Another year has passed, I'm another year older (Birthday between Christmas and New Year) and I stand at the start of another year and chapter of my life.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I had a fab Christmas time!
On the 23rd I organised a childen's activity morning in one of the churches - 50 children making Christmas decorations, covering themselves in glitter in the process.  I will share the crafts next year as it feels a little odd to post angel crafts in January.
Christmas day was a first for me, I spent the day with my In-Laws-to-be. They even gave me a stocking :)
And then headed to my parents, as well as a Kindle (total suprise and very fab) my parents have ordered a Cuttlebug dye cutter for my birthday - which I am very, very excited about.


At this time of year there is that great tradition of Resolutions - what have you chosen?
This year I have 2 big ones that comprimise lots of little ones, but together they feel achieveable.

The first is to do my best to look fab at the end of the year in anticipation for wedding in 2013. this includes a popular weightloss programme, fun excerise and a weekly beauty regime.
To keep myself motivated I will be placing a picture of a bride (below) on the fridge and cupboards in the kitchen as well as in my purse to help remind me why I am doing it.  I have also created forms to keep track of my progress, it is however, fairly unlikely they will be used for more than the first 2 weeks.
During the year I hope to share with you some of my favouite recipes and also homemade beauty 'products' I try out on my skin and hair. 

(Ideal Wedding Dress design feature on Pronovias website)

The second is to not waste my life - spending less time faffing on the computer and watching TV, also to do more to keep the flat looking nice.
The aim is to do at least one bit of housework eachday and spend more time on my crafting and keeping up with friends.

So what does the new year have instore for Godiva Crafts and this blog?

In February I will be starting to plan my wedding, I hope to make as much as I can for our big day. From stationary to favours and my Jewellery; if it could be handmade I will try to make it! This blog will document my journey and ideas.

Taking inspration from a friends status during the holidays and how much I enjoyed doing a small range of charms based on Alice in Wonderland, I thought I would continue the Disney and romance themes and each month I would take inspiration from a Disney movie, read the original and share my thoughts with you all as well create jewellery, charms and cards inspired by the movie.

xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hello, just saw you on the Craft Blog UK FB page so I thought I would say hello & connect to your feed :) Happy Blogging <3

    ReplyDelete