Saturday 1 October 2011

Getting ready for the Festive Season

Ok, ok, I know its 25 degrees outside and the 1st of October, I know we still have Halloween and  bonfire night before anyone in their right mind, and the shops, should start mentioning THAT time of year but...
I LOVE CHRISTMAS.

This year being well planned is a must. I am hoping to make presents for most people, or at least part of their gifts, as well as making all my cards and gift tags.
I also work for a church so I have a chidren's activity morning full of crafts to plan & trying to see if i can attend a couple of craft fayres to see how me selling stuff might work.

I'm on my way already, I have started buying some foods for my Christmas cupboard, well box - at home my mum would start to buy the bits we would have over the festive season many weeks before the event to help spread the cost. a tradition I have picked up; so far I have Jelly Babies & Santa's Fetsive Friends

I have also purchased the supplies for the gifts I am making for some of the small children I know and will soon be buying the last beads and findings for the other presents.

Over the next few weeks I will be sharing with you a sneaky peak at what I am up to, both with work & the gifts I am making (without spoiling an surprises for those who will be receiving bits from me), In the new year I will share in more detail some of the complete items. I'm sure Ed will be hoping that this new focus will keep my mind from any thoughts of wedding plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment